Weekend Call Policy
From the IM Program Director:
- Exchanging call requires permission from the program.
- Call day can only be exchanged within the same class. E.g., PGY2 must trade with PGY2 and PGY1 with PGY1.
- On any given weekend day, there should be 2 upper levels and 2 interns with one of each on call.
- Although the resident is responsible for supervising all admissions, it is not necessary for the resident to physically see the patient if busy with clinical duties.
- Short call resident/intern should plan to stay until late afternoon (2-3 pm) and until all work is completed.