November 2018 Resident Huddle
Program Huddle Follow-up
- Lakeway as a moonlighting option, work would be similar to PA. No full license necessary
- Change of call schedule will need to wait until January.
- Third years may have Lakeway rotation working solo with attending supervision. May include week on and week off schedule?
- In training exam discussed.
- Phone number cards discussed, MM working on this.
- Student presence in resident work room.
- Concerns with crowding, privacy, noise, computers
- Problem with not knowing their schedule
- Lately some students have been loud and unwilling to work or follow directions
- HMF to contact Dr. F to clarify expectations
- Put together a single page explanation of rotation expectations.
- Resident needs to take lead in clarifying expectations on day 1.
- Lounge/workroom will be getting a microwave.
- Ascom phone found in the ED by AM.
- Discussed ways to improve elective choices to match with career goals
- Misunderstood that choosing some electives would mean doing the rotation twice back to bac
- May be beneficial to split some months in half
- Inpatient attending assignments
- Everyone recommend preferred attendings in 1 on 1
- QI project work load too high.
- Dedicated time twice a month helps.
- Made 3rd years exempt from QIP?
- Elective rotations
- GI is highly successful outpatient rotation
- Other rotations need to consider following GI as a model.
- Success of the rotation strongly reflected in ITE GI scores.