EPIC Patient Lists
Creating a Patient List
- Click Edit > Create my list.
- A popup will appear asking to name the list and select properties.
- The number in the upper left corner identifies your list.
- Choose properties that will make up the columns in your patient list table.
- There are a surplus of properties to choose from, more than can reasonably be explored.
- Enter the number of a previously created list to copy the previous properties and columns.
- Entering a name will search all user lists in the database.
- When choosing a name it is better to something unique for this reason.
- As an example, list #208561 uses hand-off entries.
Managing Patient Lists
- Patients and System Lists can be dragged and dropped to created lists
- It will populate the contents of the system list into your custom list
- Several system lists can nested under your own list
- There is no limit on the number of lists that can be created. Consider maintaining some of the following lists.
- ED list that showing all emergency room patients. Can also be seen by clicking "Trackboard"
- Folder: S&W Round Rock Hospital > !Units > Emergency Dept
- Team lists that include the following units grouped or separately: Hospitalist 1, Hospitalist 2, Hospitalist Hold
- Folder: S&W Round Rock Hospital > Provider Care Teams > all 3 folders are here
- Personal list that includes all assigned patients. Drag and drop patients as they are assigned.
- Follow-up list that includes interesting patients or cases worth following.
- ICU/Tele list is not as useful as it does not differentiate ICU patients from tele. There is a custom list that the ICU will share.
- Folders: S&W Round Rock Hospital > !Units > ICU/Tele
- List that includes all floor patients.
- Folders: S&W Round Rock Hospital > !Units > Med Surg 3rd/4th